Another tasty but simple Thai dish – this is a ‘go-to’ dish all over Thailand for lunch, it’s usually served ‘on rice’ and topped with a fried egg.
- Chicken diced into small pieces
- Green beans diced into small pieces
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 white/yellow onion
- 6 birds eye chillis de-seeded and finely chopped (you can add more or less depending on how hot you like it!)
- Handful of basil leaves (can be Thai holy basil or regular basil)
- Soy sauce
- Cornflour to thicken
1. Stir fry garlic, onions and chilli to release the flavour. Fry until the onions are translucent.
2. Add chicken and green beans and stir fry until the chicken is cooked.
3. Add 6 dessertspoons of soy sauce, 1.5 – 2 teaspoons of sugar and as much water as you need for it to taste ok to you.
4. Thicken with a little cornflour mixed with water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the basil leaves and cook for a further 2-4 minutes until basil leaves are wilted.
6. Adjust seasoning, adding more soy sauce and sugar if needed. Serve!