Traditional Thai Styel Chicken Fried Rice with a Greedy Panda twist which we are sure you will love!
This is a great lunch time dish or good for a snack. We have taken the traditional Thai style fried rice and added our special twist. This can easily be made vegetarian by leaving out the chicken or adding tofu instead.
- Chicken cut into small bite size strips
- Vegetables (thinly sliced) we use carrot, green beans, red pepper, baby sweetcorn, tomatoes (either sliced or cubed) and very thinly sliced cabbage.
- Soy sauce
- Thai sweet chilli sauce
- Finely chopped spring onions
- Completely cold rice from your Zojirushi (it is important that it’s completely cold, otherwise the rice clumps together and doesn’t separate properly)
1. Stir fry the chicken until sealed and then add the veg (holding back the tomatoes and cabbage).
2. When the chicken and veg are almost cooked add the cabbage and tomatoes and stir fry for a couple of minutes until they are cooked.
3. Set aside the cooked chicken and veg mixture in a bowl.
4. Add the cold rice to the wok/pan you were just using for stir frying the chicken and veg and add some light soy sauce. Stir fry the rice until it is all coated with soy sauce and the grains are quite separate.
5. Once the soy sauce is mixed into the rice and it is beginning to warm through, add some sweet chilli sauce and the spring onions to the rice/soy sauce mix and stir through well. The Thai sweet chilli sauce gives the fried rice a nice sweet and slightly spicy flavour.
6. Add the chicken and veg mixture stirring it thoroughly to make sure it’s piping hot all the way through.
7.Yum Asia fried rice is ready to serve – serve with a garnish of cucumber or a sprinkle of white pepper powder for an extra kick.
If you make too much, just put it in a sealed container in the fridge and reheat in a pan later for a delicious snack!